Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a simple chart you could look at that would provide guidance as to how many reps you should train with and what kind of weight you should use for each competitive lift? You have probably seen Prilepin’s chart – which attempts to do that, but there are 4 big problems with Prilepin’s chart.
- That chart was set up to guide the training of Olympic Weight Lifters, not powerlifters, and those two sports are not the same.
- 파워리프터가 아닌 올림픽 역도 선수의 훈련을 가이드하기위해 설정한 차트이며 두 스포츠는 같지 않다.
- It gives a decent guideline of what to do in one specific workout, but it doesn’t say how often one should perform that workout.
- 특정한 운동에 무엇을 해야하는지 훌륭한 가이드라인을 제공하지만 그 운동을 얼마나 자주 수행해야하는지 말해주지 않는다.
- It is not specific to what lift it is referring to: Clean and Jerk or the Snatch, and those two lifts are quite similar. In powerlifting the 3 lifts themselves are quite different, you don’t train a deadlift the same way you train the bench.
- 무슨 리프트를 해야하는지 구체적이지 않다. 클린 & 저크 혹은 스내치 그리고 두 리프트는 꽤 비슷하다. 파워리프팅에서 3 리프트 자체가 꽤 다르다. 벤치프레스 훈련을 하는 방식으로 데드리프트 훈련을 하지 않는다.
- It doesn’t take into account your training age. Training will obviously vary if you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced lifter.
- 훈련 경력을 고려하지 않았다. 여러분이 초보자이거나 중급자 혹은 고급자라면 훈련이 명백히 달라질 것이다.
It is my goal to solve those problems. I want to provide you – the lifter – with a clear and easy to read chart. This chart was made for powerlifting, this chart will provide a weekly guideline for total volume, and there is a specific chart for each lift (squat, bench, and deadlift). In addition there is a section on each part of the chart based on what your training age and experience are.