Men's Bar From International Weightlifting Federation
TECHNICAL AND COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
• manufactured from chromed steel
• machined with knurling in grip section
• weight = 20 kgs • length = 220 cm
• outer ends (sleeves) = 5 cm diameter / 41.5 cm long
• grip section = 2.8 cm diameter / 131 cm long
• 2 grip sections = 44.5 cm with non-knurled 0.5 cm strip 19.5 cm from inner sleeve
• centre knurling = 12 cm long
• demarcated with blue identification marking at each end and the centre of the bar
• tolerance = from +0.1% to -0.05%
• Rim diameter = minimum 7.3 cm, maximum 8.0 cm
• the sleeve must rotate freely
(a) The bar shall be straight and well knurled and grooved and shall conform to the following dimensions:
1. Total overall length not to exceed 2.2 m.
2. Distance between the collar faces is not to exceed 1.32 m or be less than 1.31 m.
3. Diameter of the bar is not to exceed 29 mm or be less than 28 mm.
4. Weight of the bar and collars are to be 25 kg.
5. Diameter of the sleeve not to exceed 52 mm or be less than 50 mm.
6. There shall be a diameter machined marking or the bar taped so as to measure 81 cm between marking or tape.